Monday, January 8, 2007

What Will Happen In Harry Potter 7?


Today, to say the least was a bad day at work. I had a headache when I left even. But one thing sustained me. Something that I have been looking forward to since Christmas. Today in the mail I received the book What Will Happen In Harry Potter 7? !!!!! I had ordered it with one of my Christmas gift cards and I was greatly anticipating its arrival. You all know me, so as you know I am a Harry Potter-aholic. I have read them all 8 or 9 times. I know almost every detail from these books. When I'm reading them I feel nothing but extreme happiness, and when I'm done and must move on to a new book I feel like I've lost a good friend. I mean, who wouldn't want to be able to vanish through the use of an invisibility cloak, move from place to place just by turning in place and apparating, or use the bat-bogey curse against someone who really ticked you off? Although it is riddled with bad guys and a war for the world, it is also (pardon the phrase) a really magical place that most people would dream of being a part of. (How many sixteen year olds wouldn't like a place where the tree you almost hit jumps out of your way?!)

Harry Potter 7, or Harry Potter and the Deadly Hollows as it is now titled, comes out on July 13th. I can't wait for this and yet I dread it. I want to have another 900 pages to be with my HP friends, and yet I know that the brilliant and evil J.K. Rowling is planning on killing off 1 or 2 of them!!! Will Harry die? Or Ron or Hermione? Will they return to Hogwarts? Is Sirius really still alive, like I've thought all along (he wasn't hit with the killing curse!!) and is RAB really his brother?

I have SO many theories! I can't wait to see what happens. But, as Dumbledore would say "Alas, it is yet 7 months away". So until then I read what other people think is going to happen. What theories can we already disprove by what JKR has let slip? *SPOILER ALERT* (Mine about Crookshanks being the animagus RA Black is out the window, as is Mom's that Dumbledore is still alive.) This book is awesome for Pottermanics like myself. So if you want the book, you can get it at Walmart.com-
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5041043 or check out the site that published it to get many of the facts there- http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5041043.

Now, to show you how truely obessed I am- I dug out this old paper from one of my computer files and thought I'd share! This was an introduction to a math portfolio I wrote in college! That's right- we were asked to share what we'd learned about ourselves in a math class, and I made it about Harry Potter!! (I was given extra credit for creativity also!!!)


My name is Lisa and I am a Harry-Potter-oholic. I absolutely love the books, not just because it is a children’s series and I will be working with children, but because they are just plain good books. There are three main characters: Harry Potter, Hermione Grainger, and Ron Weasley. I am a lot like Hermione. Hermione likes to be “the smart one.” She prides herself on being able to answer other’s questions. However, there are times that she just doesn’t understand something. It is in those times that Hermione works for as long as she needs to in order to comprehend what she is learning. Most math comes easy to me. However, the times that I just don’t understand are the times that I work harder and take as long as needed to learn the material.

I am also like Harry Potter. Harry is a very smart student who has the capability of getting great grades. However, there are times in which Harry makes the decision that friends, family, and saving the world are more important than schoolwork. Although Harry is not learning how to transform a cat into a saucer, he is learning a lot about life, people, and himself. There are times when I know I should be studying those difficult areas of math. At the time though, my husband, family, and friends, and maintaining my relationships with them seem much more important. It is in these times that I put off my homework and concentrate on more important things.

Finally, I am like Ron Weasley. Ron understands something that I definitely do. Who wouldn’t much rather be watching quidditch and trading chocolate frog cards than be doing homework?! I am also like him in that I always stress later if I put things off until the last minute!

When you put the three together you get the perfect combination. You have three people with courage, loyalty, and hearts of gold. The main thing I learned this year is when I put the three together, and I get the perfect combination. I know when to work hard until I get it, I know when I need to take a break for more important things, and I know when to put my books down, my feet up, and play a game of wizard’s chess.

No comments: