Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy New Year!!!

*NOTE- I have been trying to post this since New Years Day!!! I wanted to get some awesome pics from Christmas and New Years in so I'll post this but keep trying to add the pics. Must be some sort of computer glitch!!!


What a whirlwind the past two weeks have been!!!! Christmas this year was INCREDIBLE!!! It's funny- when you're a kid Christmas is all about what presents you get. As an adult it's about the presents you give. Not that I didn't get awesome gifts, but my favorite parts of Christmas were seeing Alan engrossed in the Italy scrapbook I made him, Jason appreciate the unexpected stein with a 60's Dodge truck in the pic, and hearing about how 2 & 1/2 yr old Amber is going around trying to scare everyone with the car we got her that morphs into a shark. ("Rarrrrr!!!!") I absolutely love seeing the excitement on everyone's faces and feeling the happiness in the room.
And going along with the whole "being an adult" theme, Alan got a Nintendo Wii for Christmas and we had so much fun!!! ;) We (Mom, Dad, Al, Jason and I) were BOWLING in our living room!!! And GOLFING a 9 hole course in our LIVING room!!!! That Wii is sooo awesome- you move your hand slightly in any direction and your ball hooks to the side! I swear you could never bowl in your life, practice on the Wii, and go in and bowl an incredible game in the bowling alley. It is SOOO realistic.

Can I just say again that we spent Christmas day BOWLING in our living room?! How cool is that?!

But, Christmas ends. Work begins again. And you go back to every day life.

Until New Years!!!! We spent New Years Eve with Jason's cousin Carrie and her hubby Riley again this year. The new bonus this year was Austin, their 4 month old son!! It was so great to spend time chatting, eating, and playing cards with them. It was so much fun that Austin wanted to stay up for the festivities (so he got to see his first New Years firsthand) and we ended up staying there till 3 in the morning!!! By the time we were all settled into bed and attempting to sleep (I was on a sugar high!!) it said 4:15 on my clock!!! I haven't done that ... ever!

Anyways, I hope your Christmas and New Year were as incredible and full of fun as mine were!!

No comments: