Ya know, I'd always heard the saying "a way to a man's heart is through his stomach" but I'd never TRULY seen it in action until Wednesday. Since we've been married, Jason has randomly brought me home flowers and told me he loves me. He immediately would also tell me then that the flower guy who comes to the shop had convinced him (aka guilt tripped him into) getting me flowers! The sentiment was still there, but it did make me feel like I was living an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond! Now, recently he's taken to hiding my favorite candy in random places around the house so that I'll get one for no particular reason. It totally makes my day not only that I get to eat a delicious Mamba, but also that my hubby is that thoughtful!
Well, the other day I was at the grocery store after work and I got thinking about Jason and his thoughtfulness. He's been doing all these sweet things for me, and he manages to do them after he's just had a horrible day at work (which is almost every day). He puts aside his frusteration to do something nice for me so I wanted to do something nice for him! So, I swung by Applebees and picked up Jason's favorite food- Applebees hot wings. Because I couldn't remember the label for the hot sauce (Is it hot, extra hot, firey hot, what?!) I just said "put on the hottest sauce you can find."
I got my wings, drove home, and presented my hubby with his dinner. He was absolutely ecstatic! He said, "What a great day! I get surround sound on my tv, my wife brings me hot wings, this is great!" Then something happened that I thought might ruin it all. He started eating the wings. Now, anyone who knows Jason knows he pops peppers like they're grapes. The man lives for all things hot, and food that makes me fan my mouth and drink a glass of milk literally tastes bland for him. Now, Jason starts eating these wings and he's like "Whew! They used some crazy sauce on these- these babies are HOT!" Which of course I took as a good thing. Then the more he ate the more the heat built in his mouth. When he was about 2/3 through he was starting to make weird noises and everything. Finally I looked at him and knew that my effort was all for nothing- he could not be a fan of these wings and their crazy hot sauce anymore because the look on his face tells me he's about to die. That's right, die. His face was contorted, he was sweating and breathing heavy. I felt HORRIBLE! I said "Jason I am so sorry! You are obviously in pain!!!"
And that's when I realized that my Jason, the Jason who loves hot things was still in there! He looked me square in the eyes and said, "I AM in pain! These things are freaking AWESOME!!!"
The next morning, after his equally "awesome" churning gut was gone, I heard Jason, that's right- JASON, singing in the shower. :) The way to Jason's heart- and happiness- truly is through his churning stomach.
I'm going to have to stop by Applebees more often....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for writing this.
Post a Comment