So my point is anything you like and want to prove is good for you, you can find a study for. Well, a long time ago I heard that if you want to live longer you should have at least one good belly laugh a day. Not a chuckle or a sincere laugh, but a belly laugh. I tend to believe this one because it shows either that you're not bogged down by the negative things in life or that you're reducing your stress by laughing.
Stress has unfortunately become a regular part of my life over the last 8 years. It's one of the only bad things about being an adult! Lately, the struggle between wanting to have a full time job, a house, and a child and have them right now, and knowing that it will all happen on God's time has caused a lot of dissonance in my life. I know God's plan is perfect (if my parents had gotten pregnant right when they started trying I'd be five years older and wouldn't have Jason) but it is hard when you want things so bad to let go of the control you mistakenly think you have and surrender to Him. So based on this alone, a belly laugh could do wonders for me!
What made me remember this study was something that happened last night. Jason is the perfect combination of big, tough guy and nurturing, caring man. He's a wonderful husband and I'm very lucky. But sometimes the fact that his label is "husband" blinds me to the fact of what a great friend he is!! The guy is hilarious and I have SO much fun with him!!! So last night we ended up having this tickle fight. In the middle of it I went to tickle the inside of his knee/leg and laughing he screamed "Stay away from my snotch!!!!" He simply misspoke in his attempt to keep me away, but it had him falling to the couch laughing hysterically. Just watching him made me laugh just as hard (and taunt him with phrases such as "Oh good Lord, I'll do ANYTHING to keep her away from my snotch!!" which sent him even further into hysteria) and made me realize just how much I liked the guy! Startling huh?! ;) I truly like my husband! He's my best friend and a great husband. I love to talk with him and listen to him and laugh with him and just be around him! And I know that, like the incredible cyndi lauper song says, when I'm lost in all that stress, he's there time after time to support me. And when I fall, he catches me, brings me back to what a wonderful life I have.So, I have decided that belly laughs do much more than relieve stress and help you to live longer. They make you realize what you have and help you to live better.
No comments:
Post a Comment