The seventh graders I was subbing for today were given one "simple" task- they were asked to write their memoirs. It was such a huge thing that most didn't even know where to begin! This made me wonder, if you were to write your memoirs, what would you include? I would of course have to include important people in my life. This would include familyI'm related to by blood (Dad, Mom, Al, Grandparents, and countless incredible aunts and uncles and cousins (was that enough sucking up to get a great Christmas card out of the deal?!)) and the family who have graced my life by agreeing to be around and in some cases join my crazy tribe (O'Reilly's, Garstka's, Mandy, Courtney, Michelle, Jill, etc and of COURSE the wonderful Jason ;) ). It would also have to include fun events that shaped my life (like, you know, being born and graduating high school/college, getting married, and eventually having kids) and not so fun events (like the time I was treed by a snake- which forever makes it difficult to watch Survivor!-, or when my grandparents died, or when I'd lose a favorite pet.)All the people and events in my life have totally shaped me (or as Dad would say, built character!) whether for good or for bad. When I'm a happy, old white haired woman, who still holds hands with her husband and has tons of grandkids I would absolutely love to write a memoir of my life. How fun would it be to take a magnifying glass to those incredible, important events and people?! (And maybe fuzzy bifocals to the bad yet important people and events!) So that is my rhetorical question of the day-- if you were to write your memoirs, what would you include?
2 comments:
Wow what a great blog! It really made me think! I love the pictures! It is so sweet!
I'd better start now -- I'll never remember it when I'm old and gray!
(??????)
Post a Comment