Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Gasp!!!!

Ok, so I'm babysitting my favorite little seven year old girl today and we've got background music on the computer. Her mom is a very eclectic (sp?) music person- she's got everything from the Beatles, to Eric Clapton, to Fantasia (from American Idol) and everything in between. But their house is the only place I can hear two awesome songs- Return to Pooh Corner by Kenny Loggins and I Don't Want to Live on the Moon from Sesame Street with Aaron Neville. So we turn those on and we're singing along. We get to "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" and I start thinking about my old Sesame Street days and I say "I LOVE Kermit!"


And she says, and I quote, "Who?"


GASP!!!!!! (Whoever is in the room with Mandy when she reads this, please pick her up off the floor!)


Who?!!! What do you mean who?!!! I wait to get over my shock, and then I casually say "Kermit the Frog."


And she says....... "Who's that?"


..

...

..

...

..


What can I even say to that?!!! Kermy, Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy's love, the green guy!!!!!!!! What is happening when these kids know Dora the Explorer but not Kermit?!! I'm going to start searching now, because my kids WILL be watching Kermit, and Bert and Ernie, and as MANY episodes of Smurfs as possible!!

1 comment:

HermioneGonzo said...

Kermie will always be numero uno to me!

If it makes you feel better, a sixth grade girl at HLC wrote this sentence for a vocabulary word, dramatic: On the Muppet Show, Miss Piggy is the most dramatic character.