Wow! It's been a long time since I wrote last. A lot has happened since then! I've spent a lot of time subbing, teaching at Sylvan, and teaching ELL summer school. But the most exciting of developments is that I found out in June I'm pregnant!!! YEAY!!!!! Everyone had such funny reactions to the news. Jason was really excited, but kept saying "Oh dear!" My mom was, of course, incredibly pumped to be a grandma. My dad refused to go fishing with Jason because "now I know what you've been doing with my daughter!" LOL He was very excited too. Dianna cried, Scott looked frightened by being called Grandpa, and my brother was overwhelmingly thrilled to be an uncle. We didn't get a single bad response! It was such an exciting time.
Then I got morning sickness! It's amazing how easily that can suck the excitement out of the room!!!! LOL Until Friday. On Friday, I had my first doctors appointment and for the first time ever, we heard the heartbeat. We heard the heartbeat!!!!! What an incredible experience!! They said "It may be hard to hear because you're only at 12 weeks so if we don't find it right away, don't worry." And they put the microphone on my belly and bang, there it was!!!! It was like, wow, there IS a little person in there! It beat at about 160 beats per minute which they said was perfect. I brought a tape recorder with me so that I could play it for everyone. It was really fun calling people with that, but my dad had to have had the best reaction- after playing the recording for him he quipped- "Why is the heart beating so fast? Tell that baby to relax!!!"
Overall, it has been a great last couple of months!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment